.: Each deck must have exactly 5 Heroes
, in any combo of colors you wish. These hero cards also come with 3 automatically included Signature Cards added to your regular deck. The number of colors or the order of heroes is up to you.
.: Each deck must have a minimum of 9 Item
cards which makes up your Item Deck.
.: You must have a minimum of 40 total cards in the regular deck, 15 of which are comprised of the Signature cards that were added alongside your heroes. Your item deck consists of non-Item and non-Hero cards, which means Spell, Creep, or Improvement cards.
.: There isn't a a cap on the number of total cards you can have in either deck.
When you select your heroes, you can choose the order in which your heroes will be deployed. The first 3 heroes spawn in the first round and have their lanes randomly decided with 1 hero in each lane. The 4th and 5th hero spawn on the 2nd and 3rd round respectively, and you can choose the lane you want to place them in, however you can't choose their position within that lane.
There are a few keywords that are commonly seen on cards. These keywords are displayed when you mouseover them in-game, but here's a reference to understand them better as well.
Note: Some of these link to their info section pages which are work in progress.
- When blocked during the combat phase, in addition to battle damage to the blocking unit, also deal X damage to that unit's neighbors, where X is the number next to Cleave's keyword.
Cleave doesn't have any effect when attacking a tower and towers don't take cleave damage.
- When blocked during the combat phase, in addition to battle damage to the combat target, also deal the Siege damage to the enemy tower.
- Damage which ignores through positive Armor. Negative armor still increases piercing damage.
- All enemy neighbors will focus this unit when they attack.
- The unit can't attack. This includes during the Combat Phase and during any battle effects, for example Duel. It can still be attacked.
- The unit's health increases up to its maximum health.
Stat modifiers, such as '+2 Health' are not healing and will increase maximum health further.
- The unit will return X damage when attacked. This number is determined on the effect next to the keyword. Retaliate itself doesn't count as attacking.
When a unit gets cleaved, it will proc Retaliate.
- A hero which will respawn the round immediately after it dies.
Heroes without Rapid Deployment must wait until a full round has passed before respawning.
- The unit can't use active abilities, abilities on equipped items, and can't play cards of its color.
- Condemn is synonymous with destroy or kill. Items, units, and improvements can be condemned.
- The position of two units is switched.
- The unit will not take damage.
- The unit to the left and right of a unit that are allied.
- The units in front and diagonally forward to a unit that are enemies.
- The unit heals X amount during the combat phase, after damage has been applied and before checking for death. X is the amount specified next to the keyword.
- Protects from all forms of death.
- When a new laning phase begins, the player with initiative is the one who has the first Action Phase.
- When an effect modifies another card it applies a permanent buff or debuff to the target. Heroes retain modifiers through death.
- Cooldowns are associated with Active Abilities which appear on Heroes, Creeps, Items, and Improvements.
>Cooldowns are reduced by 1 at the end of each round.
>Only hero active abilities start on cooldown, and hero active abilities get reduced even if heroes are not on the battlefield.
- The unit's abilities are disabled, item abilities are disabled, it loses its color, and it can't attack on the combat phase.
Stun is essentially Silence + Disarm.
- Removes modifications and temporary effects, but not damage. Purging does not affect base abilities or external effects, such as those from equipped items and continuous effects from neighbors or improvements.
- A locked card cannot be played, and loses one Lock after the round ends.
- When a unit will block another unit from attacking a building.
- The amount of gold a unit returns upon death.
- A delay between effects of a spell or ability. Continuous effects are updated, reactive abilities are processed, and units that have been condemned or dealt lethal damage are destroyed.
Thanks for reading the How to Play guide. Hopefully you found it useful and informative. If you have any questions, feedback, or anything else, email firstname.lastname@example.org.